I'm all about saving time - whether that be in the kitchen or at the makeup vanity. Check out my blog for some quick ways to save some time so you can stop and smell the roses - or stop and wipe the spaghetti out of your child's hair, all while still looking fabulous.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

If you give a mommy a minute, she might show you how to make your eyes pop!


 
Have you ever watched Dawson's Creek and watched Joey Potter lure in both Dawson and Pace (I am on a nickname basis with him) with those big, beautiful, yet sultry eyes of hers?  Not gonna lie - Dawson's Creek is STILL my guilty pleasure.
 
Speaking of big Joey Potter eyes, I decided to share some tips on how to look like you have big eyes without looking like a big mess.  (And these eyes look nothing like Joey Potter's...  but it was a good intro.)
 
 
1.  Stick with matte or a light shimmer.  Too much sparkle can look a little heavy on the eyes.  If I put too much sparkle on my lids, my eyes tend to look a little weighed down.  I stick with something light, neutral, and with just a bit of a shimmer.
 
 
 
2.  Frame your brows!  I trace around my entire brow with a white eye liner pencil, then I blend all of that with my finger. Doing this highlights my brows.  Then, I fill my brows in using an angled brush and my matte bronzer.  This contours my brows.  Doing all of this draws major attention to the eyes and makes me look awake.
 
 
 
3.  Line your tear duct with a darker liner.  Many women line the entire water line with dark eyeliner.  I'm often one of those women.  The reason a lot of us do it is because it gives kind of a sultry look.  I can keep that sultry look by just lining that tear duct.
 
 
 
4.  Line the bottom water line with white or off white.  This will make your eyes appear so much bigger. 
 
5.  Line the top lid with a dark pencil, winging the tip of the outer eye.  By winging the outer corner up, it gives your eyes an instant little lift.  Going downwards with the pencil makes my eyes appear dragged down.  I'll have to take photos of this someday to show the comparison.
 
6.  Lightly line the bottom lash line with a bit of dark liner.  This just makes your eyelashes look a little bit thicker.
 
7.  Use a dark liner pencil to wing out the line on your bottom lid downward.  I know this sounds weird, but it's actually a very subtle and cool trick to make your eyes appear larger and your bottom lashes to appear longer.  I usually just do this when I know people will be photographing me for some reason or another.  In pictures, it gives the appearance of long bottom lashes and makes the eyes appear more open.  In person, you can hardly tell the little line is even there.
 
 
 
8.  Put shimmery off-white shadow in the inner corners.
 
9.  Curl those lashes! I'm fortunate to have some naturally thick and long lashes, but my lashes are so straight that they aren't even noticed unless I curl them.  Sometimes, (I rarely have time for this, but on a rare occasion,) I actually heat up my eye lash curler for about 4 or 5 seconds with my blow dryer.
10.  Apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
 
And that's that!
 
 
 
Products I used for this look:
1.  Walgreen's brand (Studio 35) Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller with concealer - used on lid and under eyes.  Get it here.
2.  Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in "Classic Tan" - used to contour the crease of my lids.  Find it here.
3.  Hard Candy Shadowholic 12 Hour Waterproof Eye Crayon in Camel Back - lined my upper and lower lid including the corners before applying regular eyeliner.
4.  I LOVE Covergirl's Cafe Au Lait eyeshadow.  This is my go to eye shadow and I have been using it for over a decade.  I can't find anything that I love as much as this for just a simple, pretty, and neutral eye.  These shades would look pretty on anyone.  I used the middle shade on the center of my lids and the lightest shade in the inner corners of my eyes.
5.  This $0.99 white pencil from NYC works great and you can't beat the price.  Get it at Wal-Mart or get it here. - I used this to blend and highlight around my brows and in my lower water line.
6.  I am a big fan of pretty much anything Make Up For Ever makes.  I love their eye liners because they are water proof.  I used the Aqua Eyes liner in black.  You can pick it up at Sephora or get it here.
7.  I just bought this mascara and I must say that I think it's pretty awesome.  After I curled my lashes, I applied 2 coats of this stuff.  Look at the before photo and the after photo of my lashes!  I mean, whoa!  I used L'Oreal's Voluminous False Fiber Lashes (waterproof) in Blackest Black.
 
 
Now that it's 10:30 PM, it's time for me to give these big eyes a rest! 
 
Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment